Result: Retain long-term, quality installers. Manage production, and delivery of all new system installation based on contractual obligations to clients, manage costs based on the company’s financial objectives. Performs duties to deliver of excellent customer service and sustain high levels of client satisfaction.
REPORTING POSITIONS: These positions report directly to me and are accountable for producing the indicated result.
Position: HVAC Technician
Result: Provide hands on support in all functions of maintenance including but not limited to: Air Conditioning repair, filter replacement, troubleshooting equipment and controls, HVAC problem solving, repairing/installing ductwork, repair & installation of volume dampers, thermostats, controls, energy management controls, thermostat/temperature sensors, interacting with service contractors, reviewing call center tickets for repair remedy, performing air balancing and low voltage repair.
- Position: Install Helper
Result: To aid the Lead Installer with the installation of heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and refrigeration equipment, as well as accessories and ducts and duct fittings. All systems are to be installed in accordance with the company’s high standards and requirement and manufacture specifications.
- Position: Shop Assistant
Result: Performs a variety of basic technical tasks related to assist Magnolia’s Field Team.
All tactical work for which this position is accountable.
- Design job installation plan.
- Responsible for the field crews, their management, their performance, their development and their accountability for Client satisfaction and installation profitability.
- In conjunction with CEO recruits, selects, hires, trains and develops essential personnel for the installation crews.
- Conducts personnel reviews and recommends wage increases if appropriate.
- Sets field procedures; ensures field crews adhere to installation procedures and processes, including paperwork, material handling, work processes, etc.
- Will plan agenda and have weekly safety and issue meetings with entire installation staff.
- Ensures that product assembly techniques are appropriate and consistent.
- Ensures that the work process is standardized and performed in a similar manner by all crews and field personnel.
- Ensures that Client relations and interface are professional and responsive.
- Ensures that equipment and job materials are 100% ordered and ready for the jobs starting day.
- Ensures that work rules and regulations are clear, understood and are enforced.
All strategic work for which this position is accountable.
- Reviews plans, specifications and sites as necessary, reviewing those plans with the field leads and crews.
- Reviews work order packets for completeness and understanding, prior to distribution to the field crews.
- Handles field staff employee problems and disciplines personnel as necessary.
- Works with Clients in the analysis, estimating and Manual J planning of installations.
- Provides detailed installation estimates as required, including total hours, direct job costs and fixed quotes.
- Visits field installations on a regular basis, interfacing with leads and installation personnel, Clients, and Client third parties, monitoring the progress and quality of the work being done by the installation staff.
- Ensures that installations are on-time and complete, and done to the estimated dealer cost and man-hours.
- Order's all required materials need to complete installation.